HCCA encourages people and organisations who share its aims, objectives and values to become members of HCCA, and recognises that diversity in its membership is very important to strengthening direct consumer involvement in health decision making.
HCCA offers membership to both individuals and organisations which benefit them in a variety of ways including:
- receipt of the newsletter
- attendance and voting rights (individuals only) at the AGM
- access to all services and new publications
- access to attend EC meetings
- invitation to activities, launches and other HCCA functions.
Consumer Representatives are required to be a member of HCCA if the organisation is to endorse their participation. The exception to this is for those consumer representatives who are members of consumer organisations that HCCA recognises.
Our Membership Policy was endorsed by the Executive Committee in August 2011 and can be downloaded below.
|HCCA Membership Policy 2011||28.08 KB||02/11/2011 00:00:00|