HCCA has taken the decision to stop any face to face events until the end of June 2020 (at this stage). This is in response to the Public Health State of Emergency that has been declared in the ACT.
- HCCA staff are working from home from Monday 30 March 2020.
- Consumer representatives are encouraged not to attend face to face committee meetings and other forums. Kate Gorman is in the process of contacting staff in health services and the Health Directorate to advise them of this and explore other ways for reps to participate – Eg, teleconference, video conference or separate phone meetings. Anne is in contact with Major Projects Canberra to explore ways to ensure consumer input for SPIRE and other infrastructure projects can continue.
- HCCA will not be holding meetings of our Consumer Reference Groups or any other face to face meetings including our Health Policy and Research Advisory Group and Consumer Participation Committee.
- We will not be holding the Chronic Conditions Seminar Series or any health literacy sessions on Advance Care Planning or other topics. People who have registered to attend events will be contacted in the coming days.
- Staff will only attend essential meetings face to face but instead will use teleconference or video conferencing. Staff will not be attending community meetings and expos. At this stage staff are working from the office but we are preparing to work from home if that is required.
We have written to all of our members to let them know.
If you have any questions please either email us or message via Facebook.
For up to date information about COVID-19 please check the following websites and social media channels:
- ACT Health website https://www.health.act.gov.au/about-our-health-system/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ACTHealthDirectorate/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/ACTHealth
- Commonwealth Department of Health https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-news-and-media
People who are concerned and want further information on the virus can also call the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Look after yourselves!
Date published: 18/3/2020
Last updated: 24/3/2020