This Consumer Reference Group is chaired by Sue Andrews and aims to
- raise consumer issues around the quality and safety of health services and
- work collaboratively with ACT Health to address these issues
- Contribute to processes to support accreditation of publicly funded health services in the ACT
It operates a little differently from the other Consumer Reference Groups, because it was established to support consumer representatives on National Safety and Quality Health Services Standards committees. Consequently, the Group worked extremely hard during the 12 month lead up to the 2018 accreditation review of Canberra Hospital and Health Services (now Canberra Health Services and ACT Health Directorate) and the transition to the Second Edition of the standards from January 2019. Its membership consists of
- consumer leads on National Quality and Safety Health Service Standards Committees at Canberra Health Services,
- consumer representatives on high-level quality and safety committees across publicly funded health services.
The Group was also instrumental in providing consumer perspective on the Review of the Charter of Healthcare Rights.
Last updated: 27/6/2019