The Health Care Consumers’ Association of the ACT is an incorporated association.
The Association is governed and controlled by the Executive Committee which is elected by the membership in accordance with the Constitution at the Annual General Meeting.
The Executive Committee:
- Is responsible for the governance and strategic leadership of the organisation and making sure each area of HCCA is working towards achieving the aims and objectives of the Constitution of the HCCA.
- is accountable to members, funders and stakeholders and tasked with ensuring that HCCA will meet the objectives set in the Constitution and Strategic Plan.
- ensures compliance with legal requirements and ethical standards.
- reflects the core value of our members
The Executive Committee is comprised of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and six (6) ordinary members . Executive Committee members are appointed for a two (2) year term and cannot serve for more than three consecutive terms. They meet eight times per year.
The Executive Director plays a key role supporting the Executive Committee, acting on their decisions and reporting on how HCCA is meeting its objectives.
To know more about each of our Executive Committee members, you can read their EC profiles.
The Constitution was last updated in 2015. The Executive Committee reviews the Constitution annually to ensure it reflects the governance of the Association.
Strategic Plan 2018 – 2021
Consumers in control of our own health
Better health outcomes through consumer empowerment
- Our members’ knowledge, experience and involvement
- Participation and support
- Mutual respect
- Effective consumer participation in health policy development and service design, planning, delivery and evaluation of health services
- HCCA continues to be a strong and credible voice for consumers on health care
- High levels of health literacy in Canberra communities
- Our members, staff and stakeholders regard HCCA as a strong and responsive organisation
Our Annual Reports from 2006 to 2017 are available here.
HCCA is a health promotion charity and is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ANCN).
Last updated: 23/6/2020