Consumer experience and expectations of after-hours primary care in the ACT
In undertaking this study HCCA was interested in
1) why consumers choose to use after-hours services,
2) what care is provided once they attend a service, and
3) what consumers consider important when choosing an after-hours primary care service, including:
- quaity and range of services, and
- likelihood of seeing people you know, previous experience, and the inability to see a GP during work hours.
Additionally, we wanted to understand
4) how satisfied consumers are with the care provided.
Suggested citation: Dwan, K and Briant, K. Consumer and carers experiences and expectations of general practice and after-hours care in the ACT. Canberra, Australia: Health Care Consumers’ Association. April 2018.