Submission to ACSQHC Consultation on Draft Sustainable Healthcare Module
The proposed Sustainable Healthcare Module (the Module) is a valuable tool that aims to assist Australian healthcare providers in establishing long-term strategies for improving environmental sustainability. It is imperative for healthcare providers to stay up to date with regards to environmental sustainability in order to safeguard the health and well-being of both patients and communities, as well as to ensure the sustainability of the services they provide. We hope our consumer feedback will contribute to the development of the Sustainable Healthcare Module and assist the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) in promoting and integrating environmental sustainability within healthcare structures, processes and practices.
In this submission, we offer general comments on the Module, addressing the five
- Is there a need for the Module as it applies to health service organisations?
- Do the actions in the Module address the key sustainability and climate-resilience concerns?
- Are the language and the format of the document appropriate?
- How will the actions in the Module support your organisation to mitigate the impacts of climate change, adapt, build climate-resilience and identify opportunities to improve the sustainability of health services?
- Should the Module be assessed by independent external accrediting agencies?
Use the ‘Download document’ button to read the full submission.